Last updated: 23 November 2021
Who we are
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Shop.Tahusa.co collects and processes personal information through this website or our services (together, “Shop.tahusa.co Services.”).
Our website address is: https://shop.tahusa.co.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services; delivering packages; sending postal mail and e-mail (including sending promotional emails on Shop.Tahusa.co’s behalf); removing repetitive information from customer lists; analysing data; providing marketing assistance; providing search results and links (including paid listings and links); processing payments; transmitting content; and providing customer service. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with the contractual agreement we enter into with them and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Transactions involving third parties: We may offer services or sell product lines jointly with third party businesses, such as discount codes provided by third parties. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party to the extent needed to provide you with the relevant service.
- Protection of Shop.Tahusa.co and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Shop.tahusa.co, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to enable your continued use of the Shop.tahusa.co Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be permitted by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. If you delete your account, any reviews you have written will not be deleted but default to ‘anonymous’. For example, we retain your transaction history so that you can review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products and content we recommend.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Credit history information in order to help prevent and detect fraud;
- Payment confirmations from payment processors;
- Purchase and content use history;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Shop.Tahusa.co Services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail and password and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information);
- your Wishlist;
- e-mail notification settings (contact preferences).
EU General Data Protection Regulation – Legal Basis
The EU GDPR requires a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We use:
- Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, and process payments.
- Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our customers when we improve Shop.Tahusa.co services, when we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, ourselves, or others, and when we provide you with interest-based advertising.
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Compliance with a legal obligation when we use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect seller place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification purposes.
- These and other legal bases depending on the purpose for which we use personal information.